Ready to supercharge your SaaS journey? Join Jeff Mains in an electrifying episode of the SaaS Fuel™ podcast as he unlocks the secrets to success with Jason Criddle.
Jason is the founder of Smartr Commerce, SmartrHoldings, and Smartr Marketing, his brainchildren responsible for catapulting entrepreneurs and companies to astonishing heights, tallying up a jaw-dropping estimated total of over $2 billion in sales, services, and infrastructure.
Prepare to be spellbound as we delve into the treasure trove of Jason's diverse experiences and discover the enigmatic keys to his unparalleled success, spanning the realms of business, fitness, and beyond.
[00:01:07] – Resilience is key to success
[00:04:01] – The Gumby principle.
[00:09:46] – Moving clients to evening sessions.
[00:13:30] – Diversify investments through technology
[00:17:21] – The wrong message for investors.
[00:21:20] – Finding profitability and product-market fit
[00:28:30] – Maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
[00:35:32] – Instagram models and bodybuilding standards.
[00:40:21] – Surrounding yourself with knowledge.
[00:45:10] – Prioritize professionalism and customer service.
[00:49:10]- Mistakes in selling products.
[00:54:01] – Starting a podcast and content creation.
“It's not a zero-sum game where one person wins and somebody else has to lose. You can do things collaboratively and then have multiple people win.” – 00:18:01 Jeff Mains
“So one thing about having been a 400-pound man that became 215 pounds and then I helped you know hundreds of people lose thousands of pounds before I wrote books about it.” – 00:24:30 Jason Criddle
“So that's the thing, brother. It's like I understand that we're all trying to make this balance of our health and our life and our business and everything But I mean dude, I mean at some point we just got to open up our eyes to the reality that the world is changing and it's changing quickly and we need to get in shape for our kids.” – 00:34:11 Jason Criddle
“At some point, consistency has to start being a key driver in whatever it is that you're trying to accomplish.” – 00:38:56 Jason Criddle
“I've seen people waste years before they ever got a product out because they have not taken the time to just focus on the simple aspects of the business.” – 00:43:14 Jason Criddle
SaaS Leadership Lessons
- Flip the Script. Instead of seeing problems, see challenges. Shift your perspective to view adversity as a training ground rather than a burial ground. This mindset shift allows you to overcome obstacles and find solutions.
- Embrace Flexibility. Be bendy like Gumby. Just as athletes need flexibility to adapt and perform at their best, leaders must be open to pivoting and adjusting their strategies. Flexibility allows you to strategically dodge failure and find new opportunities.
- Build Your Cheer Squad. Surround yourself with positive and supportive people who lift you. Seek out individuals who will give you honest feedback and help you see the silver lining in difficult situations.
- Focus on Consistency. Consistency is key in both fitness and business. Just as athletes need to consistently train and follow a regimen to see results, entrepreneurs must build habits and processes that lead to success. Consistency in delivering value to customers, following through on commitments, and building strong relationships is crucial for long-term growth.
- Prioritize Health and Well-being. Taking care of your physical and mental health is essential for success. Jason emphasizes the importance of making time for exercise, proper nutrition, and self-care. Remember that your well-being directly impacts your ability to lead effectively and make sound decisions.
- Avoid Time-Wasting Activities. Don't get caught up in activities that don't contribute to your goals. Focus on the core aspects of your business that provide value to customers and generate revenue. Avoid spending excessive time and resources on unnecessary tasks or distractions.
- Seek Knowledge and Collaboration. Surround yourself with people who have more knowledge and experience than you. Join communities, attend networking events, and seek mentorship to learn from others. Collaboration and learning from those who have already achieved success can accelerate your growth.
- Develop Habits and Processes. Just as athletes follow specific training routines, leaders must establish habits and processes that drive success. Implement systems and procedures that streamline operations, enhance customer experience, and promote consistency in delivering value.
Jason Criddle (Linkedin): https://www.linkedin.com/in/jasoncriddle
Jason Criddle (Website): https://jasoncriddle.com/
Smartr Commerce: https://smartrcommerce.com/
Smartr Holdings (Linkedin): https://www.linkedin.com/company/thesmartrapp
Smartr Holdings (Website): https://smartrholdings.info/
Build Any Brand: https://buildanybrand.com/
If you want practical ways to obliterate obstacles and increase resilience check out my book Small Fish Big Pond: Building a World-Class Business That Swims Circles Around Competitors. Small Fish Big Pond delivers powerful marketing and leadership lessons guaranteed to enhance your marketing message, wrap value around clients, and guide their buying journey to conclude that your company is the only solution for them. It includes step-by-step frameworks and time-tested growth principles to attract ideal clients, convert them, and transform them into your brand ambassadors. Pick up the print, ebook, or audio today at smallfishbigpond.com, Amazon, or your favorite book source. All book profits go to charity.
Small Fish, Big Pond – https://smallfishbigpond.com/ Use the promo code ‘SaaSFuel’
Champion Leadership Group – https://championleadership.com/