From scaling a SaaS company to navigating the challenges of customer service, Jeff Mains dives into the world of service management SaaS with Greg Rich, founder and CEO of Vivantio – a leading service management SaaS company. Greg's foray into the realm of customer service began at the young age of 13, deeply rooted in his family's business, where he seamlessly blended service with technology, eventually spearheading a world-class help desk.
He discusses the challenges of scaling the business, adapting to the US market, and the role of self-service and automation in delivering exceptional service. With over 20 years of experience in the industry, Greg shared valuable insights on building a customer-first organization and the challenges he faced along the way.
Tune in and explore how businesses can enhance their service management processes to deliver exceptional customer experiences.
[00:01:00] – Impossible to possible comeback
[00:05:01].- Build a talented, committed team
[00:07:07] – Customer service and technology integration
[00:14:49] – SaaS platform for service management
[00:20:13] – Prioritize based on service level
[00:27:55] – Shift from lifestyle to growth
[00:31:55] – Surround yourself with smart people
[00:35:04] – Transitioning to another country requires support
[00:40:29] – Self-service and automation improve service efficiency
[00:45:49] – Customer experience drives growth
[00:49:28] – Check out Vivanteo.com for resources
“Because doing that well will not only set your company up for the win, but will ensure that your team is league leading for the whole season to come.” – 00:05:23 Jeff Mains
“But obviously, if I'm working within an environment for several hours a day, that has to be a good experience for me.” – 00:13:45 Greg Rich
“Service success and service experience just doesn't stop, it's an evolution because the customers change, the products and services you offer change, the technology and the platforms change.” – 00:19:31 Greg Rich
“So that silver lining, I guess, in terms of that was obviously being able to pivot into that sort of mindset and really think about the future of the company and where I want to take it over the next five to 10 years.” – 00:27:39 Greg Rich
“Surround yourself with smart people and they'll look after you.” – 00:31:55 Greg Rich
“One of the reasons why customer service and customer experience is so important is, and we talked about this before, is the fact that it drives growth.” – 00:45:49 Greg Rich
“Happy customers are loyal customers so they're gonna stay longer, so they're gonna carry on spending more money with you.” – 00:48:11 Greg Rich
SaaS Leadership Lessons
- Surround yourself with smart people. Surround yourself with individuals who share your customer service values and challenge you to think differently. Seek out diverse perspectives and expertise to enhance your decision-making process.
- Invest in the right tools and processes. Provide your team with the necessary tools and processes to enable them to deliver exceptional service. Streamline workflows, prioritize service level agreements, and empower your team to be efficient and effective in their roles.
- Continuously improve and innovate. Stay ahead of the curve by embracing new technologies and industry best practices. Embrace innovation and be open to adopting new strategies and technologies that can drive efficiency and improve customer satisfaction.
- Foster a collaborative and supportive environment. Create a culture that encourages collaboration and supports the growth and development of your team members. Encourage open communication, empower your employees to take ownership of their work, and provide them with the resources they need to succeed.
- Adapt to changing market dynamics. Stay agile and adaptable in the face of changing market dynamics. Embrace new technologies and trends that can help you deliver better service and stay ahead of the competition.
Greg Rich (Linkedin): https://www.linkedin.com/in/gregoryrich/
Vivantio (Website): https://www.vivantio.com/
Complete Guide To Customer Service Transformation: https://www.vivantio.com/blog/customer-service-transformation-embracing-the-b2b-service-driven-era-viv/
If you could use solid players and more home runs on your Moneyball SaaS journey, check out today’s sponsor Champion Leadership Group. The ultimate resource for SaaS founders and C-suite executives to continue to develop themselves, scale their companies, and never walk alone on the journey. Supercharge revenue by leveraging our time-tested SaaS growth principles, toolkits, playbooks, and frameworks designed to help you scale ARR from 7 to 8 and 9 figures. Collaborate with an elite network of SaaS visionaries as we uplevel ourselves and our teams, and have some fun along the way. Confidently take that right next step, that turns into a quantum leap of profitable growth, premium valuation, and freedom.
Small Fish, Big Pond – https://smallfishbigpond.com/ Use the promo code ‘SaaSFuel’
Champion Leadership Group – https://championleadership.com/